Apprenticeship Levy Training

Learning starts here

Ensure your organisation and staff benefit from our nationally accredited vocational training courses.

From April 2017 a new Apprenticeship Levy came into force in England.

The Apprenticeship Levy is a new Government incentive requiring organisations, that have an annual wage bill of £3M+ to make a 0.5% contribution into apprenticeships and employee training.

As a leading provider of temporary staff Omega Resource Group payroll thousands of workers across the UK and England, and will be making the 0.5% contribution to the scheme.

Organisations working with Omega Resource Group can benefit from this new Government scheme by arranging training for existing employees or new recruits. The business benefits are substantial as the training available delivers professional and technical skills resulting in an upskilled and motivated workforce.

Apprenticeship Levy Facts

UK employers with a payroll bill that exceeds £3m must pay the Levy

The Levy rate is 0.5% of total annual pay bill (gross) and is paid through PAYE

The pay bill will be based on the total amount of earnings subject to NICS

Organisations are required to pay the Levy regardless if training used or not

Companies have a Levy allowance of £15,000 per year to offset

Employers can access funding through a new digital account

Employers can spend e-vouchers on training from approved providers

Funding in an employer’s Digital Apprenticeship account expires after 24 months

Non-levy paying employers won’t use the Digital Apprenticeship Service until 2018

Non-levy paying employers will make a 10% contribution and the government will pay the rest (90%)

Ensure your organisation and staff take advantage

Omega have partnered with LEAD, one of the UK’s largest and most successful providers of vocational training

Success supporting 8,000+ people attaining nationally accredited qualifications

A pedigree of significantly contributing to real culture change within SME and corporate organisations

Regularly winning English government funding contracts in conjunction with the Skills Funding Agency

90% success rates are amongst the highest in the country

Awarding bodies, funding providers and OFSTED rated “good” or “outstanding”

Experienced Lean and CI trained professionals

Vast experience in supporting nervous employees

Employer benefits

Employees involved in live business improvement projects

Employee CI team will “own” their local improvement projects

Employees learn to use health and safety and customer service tools

Improved quality, cost, delivery, health & safety and service levels

A progressively more motivated, empowered and skilled team

Achievement of a real and sustainable culture change

Government funding available (subject to eligibility)

Employees will demonstrate greater potential in their capabilities

Increased employee progression into other roles

Employee benefits

Involvement in live improvement projects that add company value

Nationally accredited and recognised vocational qualifications

Learning how to use industry standard “Added Value” lean

Gaining new problem solving skills

Feel empowered to make a real and valued difference

Gain current qualifications

Providing opportunities to demonstrate your new skills and abilities

Enhance transferable skills (English and maths)

Training programme overview

LEAD’s apprenticeship training has been continually improved over the years. The courses have successfully trained and qualified over 8000 employees in all business sectors, including manufacturing, engineering, aerospace, automotive, finance, food and drink, and health and social care. In every sector, the LEAD programme has helped to develop a lean thinking employee culture.

Industry defined framework which provides a benchmarked and quality of delivery

The LEAD Programme is accredited by Semta & EAL awarding bodies

Achievement of 4 nationally recognised qualifications from participation in the LEAD programme

Successful completion will result in a full Business Improvement Techniques Apprenticeship at Level 2

 Programme delivery

The programme is delivered by an experienced and qualified team and is delivered over 12 months and contains on-job and off-job delivery. It contains accredited qualifications, in both business efficiency, English and maths. It allows progression from Level 2 to Level 3 and maintains outstanding innovative modern delivery concepts.

The training is delivered to small groups of employees, not to whole organisations at the same time. Each programme is carefully planned and designed to slowly, efficiently and practically support a business to its development of a world class business culture.

Organisations wishing  to participate are required to:

Commit to a 12 month period

Release staff for 10 days off-job training